Vegetarian Peanut Loaf
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup Spanish onion, ¼” dice
1 ½ cups cultivated mushrooms, ¼”dice
¼ cup green bell pepper, ¼” dice
2 cups celery, ¼” dice
2 cups carrot, fresh grated
5 each eggs, large, beaten
1 cup peanuts, dry roasted, chopped fine
½ tsp fresh lemon zest
½ tsp salt
½ tsp thyme, whole leaf, dry
½ tsp oregano, whole leaf, dry
¼ tsp pepper, black, pure ground
3 cups bread crumbs, wheat, fresh
1. Place the olive oil, onions, mushrooms, green bell peppers, celery and carrots in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade attachment. Pulse 6 times for 2 second intervals to a small grind consistency.
2. Add the mixture to a heavy bottom pan on medium high and sauté until softened, lightly browned, and most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
3. Combine the mushroom mixture, eggs, peanuts, salt, thyme, oregano and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs until thoroughly incorporated.
4. Coat a 9” by 5” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and press down flat.
5. Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
6. Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
CCP- Hold per HACCP procedures at or above 140°F.
Shelf Life- 1 hour.