Who doesn’t love peanut brittle? We have two delectable recipes to choose from: Chocolate Peanut Brittle Bars & Dixie Peanut Brittle. You can’t go wrong! For PB inspiration year-round, visit our recipes page.
Chocolate Peanut Brittle Bars
2 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 pounds of milk chocolate
1 1/4 pounds of dark chocolate
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup peanut brittle (recipe below)
12 oz pretzel sticks, crushed
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
1. Add the heavy cream to a sauce pan over a medium heat.
2. Bring the cream to a simmer and add both the milk and dark chocolate, and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter. Stir until melted and smooth.
3. Fold in the crushed pretzels and the peanut brittle and pour onto a sheet pan.
4. Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of peanut butter and swirl into the mixture with a toothpick.
5. Evenly distribute the chopped peanuts over the entire surface.
6. Let stand 1 hr, until fully cool and firm.
1/4 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
1. Combine water, brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a sauce pan over a medium high heat.
2. Cook until a candy thermometer reads 280°F and immediately stir in the vanilla, baking soda and peanuts.
3. Pour the brittle mixture onto a lightly oiled lined sheet pan and cool completely to room temperature.
4. Crush peanut brittle into 1/4” pieces.
Dixie Peanut Brittle
1 1/2 cups raw shelled peanuts
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Combine peanuts, sugar, syrup and salt in a 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave according to oven wattage:
- 700 watt oven: Microwave 4 minutes on HIGH; stir. Microwave 4 minutes on HIGH. Stir in vanilla and butter. Microwave 1 minute on 60% POWER.
- 1200 watt oven: Microwave 4 minutes on 60% POWER; stir. Microwave 4 minutes on 60% POWER. Stir in vanilla and butter. Microwave 1 minute on 60% POWER.
- 1500 watt oven: Microwave 4 minutes on 50% POWER; stir. Microwave 4 minutes on 50% POWER. Stir in vanilla and butter. Microwave 1 minutes on 50% POWER.
3. Add baking soda and quickly stir until light and foamy. Immediately pour onto light greased baking sheet. Spread to 1/4-inch thickness. When cool, break into pieces. Store in airtight container.