Suggestions for boosting your peanut butter intake:
- Encourage your children to experiment with the essential spread and go beyond PB&J. For inspiration, check out our “PB my way” winning recipes.
- Peanuts make a great snack and come in a convenient package. You can throw them in your gym bag, keep a can in your car or tuck them away in a drawer at work.
- Dr. Carver discovered over 300 uses of peanuts in his lifetime. Today, there are thousands of products containing peanuts and peanut butter. Look for experiment-inducing recipes in our online database.
- Add peanut butter to a sauce or salad dressing for an extra zip of flavor and protein.
- Consider using other peanut ingredients, such as peanut flour or aromatic peanut oil. They’ll add a dose of taste and nutrition!
In case you need more convincing:
- How many reasons do you need to consume peanut butter? Here are ten from the Peanut Institute’s Food for Thought: Ten Reasons Peanuts Improve Health
- An ounce a day keeps extra pounds at-bay! Peanuts and peanut butter have been shown to keep you satisfied so that you naturally reduce calorie intake. For more information, check out the Peanut Institute’s Food for Thought: Eat Peanuts Daily
- Schools are turning to peanuts and peanut butter to provide a balanced diet and improve eating patterns and snacking habits. Here’s a great resource: Peanut Institute’s Food for Thought: Peanut Snacks Bring Health to Schools