How do you love your peanut butter? This year, Southern Peanut Growers has asked people from all parts of the nation to share their favorite regional PB-powered recipe as part of our annual “PB My Way” recipe contest. The results are in – and our stomachs are growling! Now, we’re asking you to help us pick the top regional recipes in our “United States of Peanut Butter.”
Drumroll, please . . .
Semi-finalists from the West, where the produce is fresh and the catch of the day is waiting.
1. Peanut Butter Vanilla Bean Cake by Maiah M.
2. Easy Peanut Butter & Jam Pastries by Susan M.
3. Pacific NW Satay Salmon by Rick B.
Semi-finalists from the Southwest, where things get spicy – but desserts stay sweet.
1. PB&J Chicken Wings by Bruce B.
2. Nutty Jalapeño-Chicken Stuffed Peppers by Lori M.
3. Spicy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Baklava with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Darlene B.
Semi-finalists from the Midwest, where the food is hearty.
1. Peanut Butter Chocolate Popcorn by Hidemi W.
2. After School Peanut Butter Apple Pie by Alisa L.
3. Peanut Butter Sugar Cream Pie by Carlene C.
Semi-finalists from the Southeast, where a little home cookin’ and warm biscuits can go a long way.
1. Carolina Dreaming Appetizer Meatballs by Janice E.
2. Peanut Lovin’ Banana Pudding by Felice B.
3. Peanut Butter & Berry Biscuits by Felice B.
Semi-finalists from the Northeast, where gourmet eats can’t beat a good pretzel.
1. Pennsylvania PB & C Bars by Victoria Z.
2. Chinatown Peanut Butter Pot Stickers by Mary L.
3. Peanut Butter Pretzel Bites by Jen G.
Join us for an American PB sound off. It’s up to you to decide our winners. Through April 16, you can vote once per day for each region. Base your vote on the recipe’s flair, style, characteristic ingredients or local tradition, but most of all – for your love of peanut butter! Click here to VOTE.
We’ll announce regional winners later this month. Winners will receive a year’s supply of PB. We’ll select a grand winner who will receive an iPad.