This Summer, Take Your Peanut Butter #BeyondTheJar
Try and share a new peanut butter product or recipe, win great prizes
CANTON, Ga. (July 6, 2017) – Wherever summer takes you, you can take peanut butter with you. The sticky staple is so much more versatile than its jar lets on. In fact, Southern Peanut Growers – which represents the farmers who grow the peanuts used for peanut butter – is encouraging PB lovers to think #BeyondtheJar and discover fresh ways to take your crunchy or creamy with you as you celebrate the summer.
“Peanut butter offers plenty of protein and provides a boost of energy to fuel all your summertime fun,” says Leslie Wagner, executive director for Southern Peanut Growers. “Whether you’re cooling down at the pool with a peanut butter smoothie, topping grilled veggies with a peanut butter sauce, or grabbing a peanut butter bar before a hike, there are countless ways to enjoy this delicious and nutritious snack that don’t require a jar.”
Show us how you take your PB beyond the jar. Simply, grab a new PB product or try a new recipe and share a photo using #BeyondTheJar by August 11 for a chance to win prizes. Learn more at www.peanutbutterlovers.com/pb-lovers/beyond-the-jar.
Not sure where to start? Here are a few creative ways to go #BeyondTheJar:
- Biking or hiking: Bring along your own healthy, no-bake granola bars with crunchy peanut butter and chocolate chips to fuel you on your outdoor adventure.
- On a long road trip: Opt for a low-carb snack. Swap bread for apple slices to create a crunchy peanut butter sandwich.
- Chillaxing in your backyard: Grabbing some “me time” in your hammock? Nothing tastes better on a hot, summer’s day than a cold ice cream cone. Before loading up the cone, put a scoop of peanut butter in the bottom – it will stop leaks and be a delicious surprise.
- Hosting a gathering with friends: Bring on the barbecue ribs! Homemade sauce is better when it’s made with peanut butter.
- Relaxing at the beach: Beat the heat when you get home. Cool down with a refreshing and creamy peanut butter and banana pop.
Looking for more ways to think #BeyondTheJar? Visit www.peanutbutterlovers.com/pb-lovers/pb101/go-beyond-jar/ for 50 fun-filled ideas and check out the official contest rules.
About Southern Peanut Growers:
Established in 1980, Southern Peanut Growers is a non-profit trade association representing peanut farmers in Georgia, Alabama, Florida and Mississippi. The organization educates American consumers about the U.S. peanut industry and its products.
# # #