1 ½ cups granulated sugar
1 ½ cups light brown sugar
¾ cup shortening
¾ cup butter, softened
1 ½ cup creamy peanut butter
3 teaspoon vanilla
6 tablespoons milk
5 ½ cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
60 Hershey Kisses
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugars, shortening, butter and peanut butter. Add eggs one at a time beating between each egg. Add vanilla and milk and beat until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour and baking soda. Add dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture in about one-third at a time, mixing after each addition until combined. Make sure to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl while mixing. Refrigerate dough for one hour.
- Use a one-inch cookie scoop to portion out cookie dough. Roll into balls. Roll in granulated sugar and place on cookie sheet about an inch apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes (do not allow the cookies to brown). Press kisses into the top of each cookie immediately after removing from the oven. Allow the cookies to cool slightly (1-2 minutes) on the cookie sheet then move to a wire rack.
- Cool completely (ensuring the chocolate is completely set) before storing in an airtight container.
Note: Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups work great for these cookies as well and give an extra peanut
butter flavor boost! It’s also fun to use the different Hershey’s Kiss flavors (ie. Cherry or caramel) or