These fluffy peanut butter pancakes are protein packed with cottage cheese & peanut powder & made straight in the blender for easy mixing. Meal prep pancakes to freeze & reheat for a quick pre or post workout fuel.
Recipe courtesy of Kristina LaRue, RD, CSSD at www.loveandzest.com.
1/2 cup 4% fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup peanut powder
1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- In a blender, add cottage cheese & almond milk & blend until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla, maple syrup & baking powder to blender & pulse just until mixed.
- Add peanut powder & flour to blender & blend until fully incorporated, taking care not to overmix batter.
- Heat non stick pan over medium-low heat; coat with butter or coconut oil.
- When butter starts to bubble, pour batter into pan. Flip when surface of pancake starts to form bubbles; cook until both sides are golden; remove from heat.
- To freeze pancakes, stack pancakes with wax paper in between layers & place in freezer safe bag.
Nutrition [per pancake]: 76 calories, 3 grams fat, 1 gram saturated fat, 49 milligrams cholesterol, 74 milligrams sodium, 7 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram sugar, 5 grams protein, 2% vitamin A, 4% calcium, 3% iron.