When Dorothy said, “There’s no place like home!” I’m sure she wasn’t envisioning the situation we find ourselves in today. We are being asked to shelter-in-place to flatten the curve, making our homes our only place for pretty much everything we do. As the boundaries between work and school and normal home activities have shifted – or completely disappeared! – it’s easy to become overwhelmed. With that in mind, we’ve put together some things to help feed, entertain and teach during this time!
Pantry Cooking for the Quarantine Kitchen
Peanut butter can be found in about 94% of American homes. It’s shelf-stable, nutritious, affordable, and delicious! While the average American will eat nearly 3,000 PB&Js in their lifetime, there are so many other tasty options for you to try. Whether you’re looking for super-easy recipes like these three-ingredient Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies, an easy treat for your furry friend like these Peanut Butter Pumpkin Dog Treats, or something more adventurous for yourself like this PB&J Candied Bacon you’ll find something to get your culinary juices flowing in our Recipe Section.
Elementary School Age Resources
Georgia Peanut Commission has a new book, A Home Run for Peanuts, and some peanut education kits available for you!
- Order the new book and download a teacher’s guide to accompany the book. You also can download several lesson plans in the areas of math, science, social studies and language arts!
- Watch a video of the author reading her new book, A Home Run for Peanuts.
- Watch a video on how peanuts are grown and turned into our favorite food – peanut butter!
High School Age Resources
- Meet Jan Jones, a Georgia peanut farmer, and find out why she loves to farm.
- Find High School culinary lesson plans in our Foodservice Training Kit.
- Learn all about why peanuts are so sustainable.
Zoom Meeting Backgrounds
If you’re spending lots of time on Zoom meetings and want a new look, Georgia Peanut Commission has some peanut field backgrounds you can download. You can even do your meeting with Mr. Peanut at your side in one of them!