Peanut butter is a great source of protein and nutrients. It can help prevent disease and manage weight when enjoyed as part of a healthy diet. Packed full of healthy fats, protein and fiber, peanut butter has many beneficial nutrients that can improve daily performance and help you refuel after a long day or workout.
Peanut butter can be a great addition to a healthy diet. Here are some health facts about our favorite spread:
- An ounce a day keeps extra pounds at-bay! Peanuts and peanut butter have been shown to keep you satisfied so that you naturally reduce calorie intake.
- High in monounsaturated fat, peanut butter is shown to have a positive impact with the reduction of heart disease, gallstone diseases and a lower risk of diabetes and colon cancer.
- In adults, peanut butter can help with the lowering of cholesterol.
- Peanut butter’s many B-vitamins are important for cognition and memory, especially for seniors.
Keep your body and heart happy by eating peanuts and peanut butter. Here are some creative ideas to add more PB into your diet:
- Dip for fruits and vegetables.
- Add to smoothies for a boost of flavor and protein.
- As a breakfast option, mix into oatmeal to help fuel your body for the day.
- Spread on a rice cake for added fiber, which will help you stay fuller longer.
- Use as an ingredient in homemade sauce, marinade or dressing for a less-sugary, healthier alternative to store-bought options.
- Stir peanut butter into your oatmeal or yogurt for extra flavor and protein.
- Melt peanut butter and drizzle on popcorn.
- Spoon peanut butter straight out of the jar.