Creamy PB & Banana Stuffed French ToastPrint Recipe
4 thick slices challah bread
4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter + additional for topping
1 large banana, sliced + additional for topping
½ cup milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
100% pure maple syrup, for topping
Powdered sugar, for topping
½ tablespoon butter to coat skillet
- Slice challah bread halfway through. Stuff each slice of bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter and several banana slices.
- In large square baking dish, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Dip stuffed bread into egg mixture and allow to soak for at 5-10 minutes.
- Butter nonstick skillet and heat over medium, cooking until golden brown on both sides.
- Slice french toast on diagonal (if desired) and serve with extra slices of bananas, powdered sugar, maple syrup and a drizzle of peanut butter.