2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 medium jalapeno, chopped
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh gingerroot
1 can unsweetened coconut milk
1 cup chicken broth
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup chopped roasted peanuts
fresh lime wedges
cooked white rice
- Using the sauté setting, sauté the onion, jalapeno and gingerroot in the cooking oil until the onions are softened. Turn the InstantPot off once done.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken broth, peanut butter, brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, and hot sauce into the InstantPot and whisk together with the sautéed onions until thoroughly combined.
- Add the whole chicken breasts (frozen if desired) and cubed sweet potatoes to the pot. Set the InstantPot valve to Sealing and high pressure. Set the timer to 15 minutes if using frozen chicken breasts or 7 minutes if using thawed chicken breasts.
- When the cooking time is complete, manually release the pressure. Remove the chicken breasts, cut into cubes, and return the chicken to the InstantPot and stir into the sauce.
- Serve the stew over cooked white rice, topped with cilantro and peanuts and accompanied by a wedge of lime.