Chocolate Peanut Brittle BarsPrint Recipe
2 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 pounds of milk chocolate
1 1/4 pounds of dark chocolate
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup peanut brittle (recipe below)
12 oz pretzel sticks, crushed
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
1/4 cup water
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- Add the heavy cream to a sauce pan over a medium heat.
- Bring the cream to a simmer and add both the milk and dark chocolate, and 1/2 cup of the peanut butter. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Fold in the crushed pretzels and the Peanut Brittle and pour onto a sheet pan.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of peanut butter and swirl into the mixture with a toothpick.
- Evenly distribute the chopped peanuts over the entire surface.
- Let stand 1 hr, until fully cool and firm.
- Combine water, brown sugar, corn syrup and butter in a sauce pan over a medium high heat.
- Cook until a candy thermometer reads 280°F and immediately stir in the vanilla, baking soda and peanuts.
- Pour the brittle mixture onto a lightly oiled lined sheet pan and cool completely to room temperature.
- Crush peanut brittle into 1/4” pieces.