Peanut Chili Caramel CornPrint Recipe
3 tablespoons popcorn, unpopped
½ cup sugar, light brown
2 tablespoons syrup, light corn
1 ½ teaspoons salt
2 ounces butter, unsalted
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup peanut butter, creamy
½ cup peanuts, dry roasted
1 tablespoon Sambal Chile Saunce
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
½ teaspoon garlic, granulated
1 tablespoon sesame seeds, black
- Pop popcorn according to the manufacturer’s directions and pour into an appropriate bowl for tossing. Discard any un-popped kernels.
- Place brown sugar, corn syrup, salt, and butter into a heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat and cook to 250°F stirring constantly.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add baking soda, vanilla, peanut butter, roasted peanuts, sambal chile, cayenne pepper, granulated garlic, and black sesame seeds. Stir with a whisk until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Pour mixture evenly over the pre-popped popcorn and stir with a wooden spoon until popcorn us evenly coated.
- Pour coated popcorn onto a lightly oiled sheet pan and bake at 300°F for 5 minutes. Stir to redistribute and separate the popcorn. Bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove oven, stir, and allow to cool to room temperature.
CCP: Place Peanut Caramel Corn in an airtight container.
Shelf Life: 1 week