2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup Spanish onion, ¼” dice
1 ½ cups cultivated mushrooms, ¼”dice
¼ cup green bell pepper, ¼” dice
2 cups celery, ¼” dice
2 cups carrot, fresh grated
5 each eggs, large, beaten
1 cup peanuts, dry roasted, chopped fine
½ teaspoon fresh lemon zest
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon thyme, whole leaf, dry
½ teaspoon oregano, whole leaf, dry
¼ teaspoon pepper, black, pure ground
3 cups bread crumbs, wheat, fresh
- Place the olive oil, onions, mushrooms, green bell peppers, celery and carrots in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade attachment. Pulse 6 times for 2 second intervals to a small grind consistency.
- Add the mixture to a heavy bottom pan on medium high and sauté until softened, lightly browned, and most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat.
- Combine the mushroom mixture, eggs, peanuts, salt, thyme, oregano and pepper. Stir in bread crumbs until thoroughly incorporated.
- Coat a 9” by 5” loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and press down flat.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
CCP: Hold per HACCP procedures at or above 140°F.
Shelf Life: 1 hour