Winner winner chicken dinner. We love sheet pan dinners, especially when they involve peanut butter and this one tastes like healthy chicken take out! Serve this protein and veggie dish over your favorite microwavable rice packet for a streamlined and easy dinner that’s great for meal prep.
Recipe courtesy of Kristina LaRue, RD, CSSD at www.loveandzest.com.
1 can coconut milk
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1-2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 pounds raw chicken breast
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 bell pepper, chopped
4 cups broccoli florets
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 ounce crushed peanuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut milk, peanut butter, ginger, red pepper flakes, soy sauce & maple syrup. Reserve 1 cup sauce to use later for sauce.
- Place chicken breast in a gallon plastic bag & pour remaining sauce into marinate for at least 15 minutes.
- On a sheet pan, drizzle with olive oil; place bell pepper, broccoli & onion on sheet pan, tossing to coat with olive oil.
- Arrange marinated chicken breast on pan with veggies & bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Cook reserved peanut butter sauce on stove top over low heat until warm. Serve chicken & veggies with rice, crushed peanuts & a drizzle of peanut butter sauce.
Nutrition [per serving]: 301 calories, 15 grams fat, 9 grams saturated fat, 362 milligrams sodium, 11 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 7 grams sugar, 31 grams protein, 5% vitamin A, 79% vitamin C, 3% calcium, 8% iron.