Need a portable snack that satisfied that sweet and salty craving? Look no further than Crunchy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bars! These 6 ingredient snack bars are easy to make and even easier to eat.
Recipe courtesy of Kristina LaRue, RD, CSSD at www.loveandzest.com.
1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/4 cup honey (or brown rice syrup)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups puffed rice cereal
1/4 cup dried tart cherries
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir together peanut butter, honey and vanilla.
- Fold in rice cereal, tart cherries, chocolate chips and a pinch of salt.
- Line square pan with parchment paper and press mixture firmly into the pan.
- Place bars into the refrigerator to chill for 20 minutes.
- Cut into 9 pieces; store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition [per bar]: 171 calories, 8 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 0 milligrams cholesterol, 71 milligrams sodium, 21 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 15 grams sugar, 4 grams protein, 3% vitamin A, 2% vitamin C, 1% calcium, 5% iron.