2 cups sugar, granulated
12 ounces peanuts, dry roasted, salted
1 cup shortening
½ cup shortening
¾ cup sugar, granulated
1 ½ cups sugar, light brown
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
3 each eggs, large, whole
3 ¾ cups flour, unbleached, all purpose
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
8 ounces chocolate bittersweet, chopped
- Add approximately 1/4 cup of the first 2 cups of sugar over the bottom of a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Stir until melted then stir-in a few tablespoons of sugar at a time until the sugar is incorporated and the syrup is a dark golden brown.
- Remove from heat and stir the peanuts into the caramel and using a silicon spatula until completely coated. Pour the mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Allow to cool completely. Chop the caramel peanuts into small chunks.
- Cream the shortening, butter and sugars in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, Increase the speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed and add the vanilla and eggs. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients, about 1/2 cup at a time until just incorporated, scraping the bowl as needed. Add the caramel peanuts and chopped chocolate.
- Portion 24 #30 scoop of the dough onto prepared full sheet pans. Bake at 375°for 10-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then remove with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
CCP: Place Caramel Peanut Chocolate Chunk Cookies in an airtight container.
Shelf Life: 1 week