1 prepared pie crust
7 apples, peeled cored and sliced
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
- Place the crust in a 9" pie pan and crimp the edges. Use dried beans to weigh down the bottom. Bake the crust for 10-15 minutes, or until crust is lightly browned.
- Mix all of the filling ingredients together and put in the crust.
- Using your hands, mix the crumble ingredients until they are in pea-sized pieces. Top the apples with the crumble. Don't worry if your pie is sky-high, the apples will cook down and your pie will be perfectly proportioned.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes. Keep the edges covered with foil until the last 15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts.