1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 sleeve (4 ounces) regular saltine crackers
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup roughly chopped, dry-roasted, salted peanuts
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Line a 10-by-15-by- 1-inch pan with aluminum foil. Spray foil with butter flavored nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- Put butter, peanut butter and sugar in a heavy-duty, 1-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly until butter and sugar are melted; and bring ingredients just to a boil. Boil mixture 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- While mixture cooks, lay saltines flat in a single layer on prepared pan.
- Pour cooked mixture evenly over saltines. Place in oven and cook 5 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Let cool for 3 minutes, then spread chocolate completely over the top of the saltines.
- Sprinkle peanut butter chips evenly over top of chocolate. Return pan to oven for 1 minute to soften chips. Pulling tines of a fork through the softened peanut butter chips, partially cover the chocolate. Sprinkle peanuts over top and gently press the peanuts down into the top.
- Let cool on a rack for about 15 minutes and then place in the freezer for 3 minutes. Remove from freezer and break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Start to finish in about 30 minutes.
Makes up to 45 pieces (saltine size).