Peanut Butter Chicken EnchiladasPrint Recipe
2 jars (7 oz) medium taco sauce
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup chopped chiles
12 soft corn (or flour) tortillas
4 cups shredded, cooked chicken
2 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
1/4 cup finely chopped peanuts
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Whisk the taco sauce with the peanut butter; stir in the chilies.
- Toss all but 1 cup of the sauce with the shredded chicken. Spoon chicken into tortillas and fold to enclose.
- Arrange the rolled tortillas, seam side down, in a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish.
- Stir lime juice into the reserved sauce mixture.
- Pour the sauce down the center of the casserole dish; sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Toss the queso fresco with the peanuts, cilantro and red onion. Scatter over the top of the casserole.
Calories per serving: 264, Fat 10g, Cholesterol 69mg, Sodium 631mg, Carbohydrates 18g, Fiber 0.5g, Sugar 0.5g, Protein 20g