Your Most Tempting Peanut Recipes
2014 Foodservice Recipe Contest
A recipe contest for foodservice members, educators or students 18 years or older, this contest is meant to inspire creativity in the professional kitchen. One grand prize winner will receive a cash prize of $2,500, and $1,000 will be awarded to four first-prize winners, one for each of the following categories: appetizer/snack, main dish, salad/side dish and dessert.
- Entries must be received by December 31, 2014.
- View our 2010 Foodservice Recipe Contest winners!
2014 OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The contest is open to any foodservice trained chefs, educator or student 18 years or older. Employees of the Southern Peanut Growers, their affiliates, promotional agencies and their families are not eligible.
- Recipes must be original and not previously published in a foodservice publication. Each recipe must use at least 1/3 cup peanuts and/or peanut butter as an ingredient. A recipe can be entered in any of the 4 categories: Appetizer/Snack; Main Dish; Salad/Side Dish; Dessert. Sponsors reserve the right to move an entry into a different category if deemed appropriate.
- Entries must be in English and include standard U.S. weights/measures and include a complete list of ingredients, complete preparation directions, pan sizes, cooking times and temperature, and yield.
- You may enter as many times as you wish.
- All entries and recipes become the property of the Southern Peanut Growers and will not be returned. To submit an entry, use the online form OR mail to: SOUTHERN PEANUT GROWERS, 1025 Sugar Pike Way, Canton, GA 30115 | Fax to (770) 751-6417 | e-mail to email@example.com. Please include your name, address, e-mail address, phone/fax number, company or restaurant name, or chefs training school if you choose not to use the online submission form.
- Entries must be received by December 31, 2014. Sponsors are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
- Recipes will be judged on the basis of: taste/texture (50%); visual presentation/appearance (30%); originality (20%)
- One winner will be selected for a grand prize of $2,500. One first prize of $1,000 will be awarded in each of the following categories: Appetizer/Snack; Main Dish; Salad/Side Dish; Dessert.
- By submitting an entry, entrant agrees to the use of his/her name, photo and recipe submission in any form of publicity or trade promotion purposed by the Southern Peanut Growers. The Southern Peanut Growers reserves the right to adapt, modify, edit and publish the recipes as they deem fitting.
- The decision of the judges is final in all aspects of this contest. An individual may be a winner in only one category.
- Any local, state or federal taxes are the responsibility of winners.
- There will be no substitutions of prizes as offered except at the discretion of the Southern Peanut Growers. Prizes are non-transferable.
- Category winners will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity, Liability and Ownership Release.
- The contest may be cancelled without penalty should the Southern Peanut Growers deem it necessary. Winners may not be selected in all categories at the judges’ discretion.