2 cups sugar, granulated
12 oz peanuts, dry roasted, salted
1 cup shortening
½ cup shortening
¾ cup sugar, granulated
1 ½ cups sugar, light brown
1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
3 each eggs, large, whole
3 ¾ cups flour, unbleached, all purpose
1 ½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
8 oz chocolate bittersweet, chopped
1. Add approximately 1/4 Cup of the first 2 Cups of sugar over the bottom of a heavy bottom pan over medium heat. Stir until melted then stir-in a few tablespoons of sugar at a time until the sugar is incorporated and the syrup is a dark golden brown.
2. Remove from heat and stir the peanuts into the caramel and using a silicon spatula until completely coated. Pour the mixture onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Allow to cool completely. Chop the caramel peanuts into small chunks.
3. Cream the shortening, butter and sugars in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, Increase the speed to medium high and beat until light and fluffy. Reduce speed and add the vanilla and eggs. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
4. Sift the flour, baking soda and salt together. With the mixer on low speed, add the dry ingredients, about 1/2 Cup at a time until just incorporated, scraping the bowl as needed. Add the caramel peanuts and chopped chocolate.
5. Portion 24 #30 scoop of the dough onto prepared full sheet pans. Bake at 375°for 10-12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet then remove with a spatula to wire racks to cool completely.
CCP- Place Caramel Peanut Chocolate Chunk Cookies in an airtight container.
Shelf Life- 1 week.