There are multiple elements to this recipe – a peanut butter brownie, salted peanut butter caramel sauce, and the jammin’ grape sauce. We love this recipe because you can enjoy the brownie on its own, or combine all the pieces in any way you’d like!
Instructions for peanut butter brownies:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
2/3 cup crunchy peanut butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8” x 8” baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Combine the melted butter and peanut butter in a large bowl (or in the bowl of mixer) and beat until smooth.
- Add granulated and brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and beat well until completely combined.
- With the mixer running on low speed, slowly add the dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Spread mixture in to prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until center is set and bars are cooked through.
Instructions for salted peanut butter caramel sauce:
1 cup granulated sugar
3 tablespoons salted butter, cut in to small pieces
1/4 cup low fat or fat free plain sour cream
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy bottomed skillet over medium high heat, melt sugar until liquid and light amber in color.
- Reduce heat to low and add butter, one piece at time, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and peanut butter and stir to combine, place pan back on burner if mixture gets too thick.
- Whisk in salt and vanilla extract and keep warm until ready to serve.
Instructions for jammin’ grape sauce:
1 cup red grapes, cut in half
1/2 cup reduced/low sugar grape jelly
- In a small saucepan, combine halved grapes and jelly.
- Cook over medium low heat for 10-12 minutes until grapes are softened and jelly is melted.
- Stir well and keep warm until ready to assemble parfaits.
Instructions for assembling the parfaits:
Vanilla ice cream or low fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- When ready to assemble parfaits, cut brownies in to bite-sized pieces.
- Drizzle about a tablespoon of the grape jam sauce in to the bottom of a tall parfait or dessert glass.
- Begin layering bite sized pieces of peanut butter brownie in to the glass, topped with some of the salted peanut butter caramel sauce.
- Repeat layering until glass is nearly full of delicious peanut butter goodness.
- Top final layer with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or yogurt, drizzle with more peanut butter caramel sauce and finish with a dollop of whipped cream and peanuts, if desired.
Click here to view the other PB My Kid’s Way recipe contest winners.